location of route
ON ROUTE PHOTO: Cathedral in Zamora
CACERES TO ZAMORA, ROMAN HERITAGE ON THE PILGRIM´S WAY
TOTAL LENGTH 295 km
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY easy
MAXIMUM HEIGHT 1018 mt
PRICE Please Inquire
THE TRIP IN DETAIL
- Day 1 arrival in Caceres. Meet our staff in your hotel and receive our travelling pack.
- Day 2: Day 2 from Caceres to Cañaveral 42,5 km.
- Day 3 from Cañaveral to Plasencia 48,7 km.
- Day 4 from Plasencia to Baños de Montemayor 51,4 km.
- Day 5: from Baños de Montemayor to Guijuelo
- Day 6: from Guijuelo to Salamanca 56,6 km.
- Day 7: from Salamanca to Zamora 66,1 km.
- Day 8: Departure from Zamora. Our services end after breakfast, enjoy the rest of your stay and have a safe return.
FLY TO Seville
RETURN FROM Zamora
RUNS All year. Check for available dates or inquire about other dates
WHAT IS INCLUDED? Quality bicycle and paniers rental, route elaboration, roadbook and maps, accomodation with breakfast in comfortable hotels or luxury country houses, luggage transfer from one stage to the next, local telephone assistance in English, French, Italian and Spanish, basic international medical insurance.
OUR BICYCLES are Kalkhoff, reliable, chosen to best suite you on the route. They come with paniers, pump, puncture repair kit/spare tube, multitool, lock.
EXTRAS Medium or full board (picnic lunch), helmet, guided cycling tour of Seville, entrance to monuments unless so stated, transfer from Granada to Seville, upgrade accomodation, prolongue your stay in one of the locations, personal transfer in case of unpredictable situations.
CLIMATE Andalucia has mild Winters an hot Summers which make it possible to cycle at any time of the year with the right preparation and simply adapting the schedule of the day so as to take best advantage of the most favourable temperatures. Take to the road early in the morning in Summertime, closer to midday in winter.
A PIECE OF ADVICE advice Always wear sun protection and carry plenty of water. During Spring and Summer avoid cycling in the hot hours of the day, keep to the shade whenever possible. “When in Rome….”
WHY IS A SELF GUIDED RO