location of the route
ON ROUTE PHOTO: Setenil De Las Bodagas
SEVILLE TO MALAGA, WHITE VILLAGES OF ANDALUCIA
TOTAL LENGTH 258 Km
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY moderate to challenging.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT 1069 mt
PRICE Please Inquire
THE TRIP IN DETAIL
- Day 1 : arrive in Seville. Meet our staff at your hotel and receive our travelling pack. Please inquire about our local services to visit Seville, or simply enjoy a quiet evening letting the relaxed atmosphere of the city sooth you.
- Day 2: from Seville to Utrera 41.4 km. On your bike, for an easy road through fields, olive grooves and charming Andalusian villages. You will cycle under the castle in Alcalá and will see the Guadaira river , with a fantastic mosaic bridge shaped like a dragon. Visit the castle if you wish, it is open to the public and free. Your destination today is at 41 km, at Utrera, a city of Christian and Muslim past, important cradle of Flamenco music, fighting bulls and horses. Uphill 195 m. Downhill 153 m. Height range 8 m – 71 m above sea level.
Day 3: from Utrera to Porto Serrano 43,6 km . The climbing begins gently, today you are leaving the plain to enter a hilly territory sprinkled with castles and small villages with names that tell tales of mountain. Uphill 386 m. Downhill 270 m. Height 51 m – 197 m above sea level.
Day 4: from Porto Serrano to Setenil de Las Bodegas, 51,7 km. Doubtless the hardest day, but you cannot imagine the beauty and surprise of the town of Setenil “of the Cellars” that you will reach at the end of the day. Uphill 978 m. Down hill 591 m. Height range 147 m – 588 m above sea level.
Day 5: from Setenil De Las Bodegas to Ronda, 17,5 km. A short but challenging route through amazing hilltops, with a continuous sequence of climbs and downhills. The city of Ronda will leave you breathless with its stark beauty, it hosts the most ancient Plaza de Toros in Spain. Uphill 412 m. Downhill 223 m. Height range 553 m – 778 m above sea level.
- Day 6: from Ronda to Tolox, 50,52 Km. The climbing continues until it reaches the highest peak of this route, 1069 mt above sea level 13 kms after Ronda, then you gradually descend . Your destinatios is a charming thermal bath town with roman origins. Uphill 960 m. Downhill 1400 m. Height range 194 – 1069 m above sea level.
- Day 7: from Tolox to Malaga 56 km. You continue descending gradually, as the coast approaches and the ladscape changes once again. You are in Europe’s preferred holiday dream, Costa del Sol. Uphill 499 m. Downhill 782 m. Height range 1 m – 356 m above sea level.
- Day 8: Departure from Malaga. Our services end after breakfast, enjoy the rest of your stay and have a safe return.
FLY TO Seville
RETURN FROM Malaga
DATES Check for available dates or inquire about other dates
WHAT IS INCLUDED Quality bicycle and paniers rental, route elaboration, roadbook and maps, accomodation with breakfast in comfortable hotels or luxury country houses, luggage transfer from one stage to the next, local telephone assistance in English, French, Italian and Spanish, basic international medical insurance.
OUR BICYLES are strong but light, chosen to best suite you on the route. They come with paniers, pump, puncture repair kit/spare tube, multitool, lock.
EXTRAS Medium or full board (picnic lunch), helmet, guided cycling tour of Seville, entrance to monuments unless so stated, transfer from Malaga to Seville, upgrade accomodation, prolongue your stay in one of the locations, personal transfer in case of unpredictable situations.
CLIMATE Andalucia has mild Winters an hot Summers which make it possible to cycle at any time of the year with the right preparation and simply adapting the schedule of the day so as to take best advantage of the most favourable temperatures. Take to the road early in the morning in Summertime , closer to midday in winter.
A PIECE OF ADVICE Always wear sun protection and carry plenty of water. Avoid cycling in the hot hours of the day, keep to the shade whenever possible. “When in Rome….”
WHY IS A SELF GUIDED RO