SEVILLA CORDOBA GRANADA , MOORISH HERITAGE
DURATION 8 nights 9 days
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY moderate
MAXIMUM HEIGHT 1187 mt above sea level
PRICE Please Inquire
THE TRIP IN DETAIL
- Day 1 arrive in Seville. Meet our staff in your hotel and receive our travelling pack. Please inquire about our local services to visit Seville, or simply enjoy a quiet evening letting the relaxed atmosphere of the city sooth you.
- Day 2 from Seville to Carmona 43,3 km. Out of Seville on a trafficless road along the Guadaira river, then continue on small roads. You will see a bridge shaped like a dragon in Alcalá and will fare to Carmona, ancient walled city with Roman and Muslim past,
- Day 3 from Carmona to Ecija 61,9 km. A day of nearly flat countryside and small towns. You will meet the river Genil for the first time, it will be a trusty friend on this route.
- Day 4 from Ecija to Cordoba 55 km. As you leave Ecija you enter a Green way that will take you nearly all the way to Cordoba. It is a former railway line where you can pedal safley on asphalt and gravel, crossing various bridges and viaducts.
- Day 5 from Cordoba to Baena 62,3 km. A quiet country road will take you to beautiful Castro Del Rio, in hilly territory, notable in these towns is the craft of carving olive wood. Continue on to Baena, on the ancient ” ruta del Califato”. The landscape is stark, dry and beautiful.
- Day 6 from Baena to Priego de Cordoba 35, 7 km. You will cycle along the border of the Parque Natural de La Sierra Subbetica, in a sequence of climbs and descents. You will pass through Luque famous for its caves, and Zuhero, listed among the Prettiest Villages in Spain 2016.
- Day 7 from Priego de Cordoba to Montefrío 33 km. The mountainous road today will take you to Montefrío, a lovely small town inhabited since antiquity, as testified by the 5 necropolis on its territory, and with a unique Ecological Caviar production, served only in very chosen Restuarants around the world….and here!
- Day 8 form Montefrío to Granada 57,6 km. Today begins with a short climb, then a long downhill. Our route will take you to Illora cycling mainly on dry dirt roads, practically trafficless. The last stretch to Granada is very pleasant and easy, as you meet again the Genil river and follow it all the way to your final destination.
- Day 9 Granada, visit of the Alhambra.
FLY TO Seville
RETRURN FROM Granada
DATES Check for available dates or inquire about other dates
WHAT IS INCLUDED Quality bicycle and paniers rental, route elaboration, roadbook and maps, accomodation with breakfast in comfortable hotels or luxury country houses, luggage transfer from one stage to the next, local telephone assistance in English, French, Italian and Spanish, basic international medical insurance, entrance to the Alhambra.
OUR BICYLES are strong but light, chosen to best suite you on the route. They come with paniers, pump, puncture repair kit/spare tube, multitool, lock.
EXTRAS Medium or full board (picnic lunch), helmet, guided cycling tour of Seville, entrance to monuments unless so stated, upgrade accomodation, prolongue your stay in one of the locations, personal transfer in case of unpredictable situations.
CLIMATE Andalucia has mild Winters an hot Summers which make it possible to cycle at any time of the year with the right preparation and simply adapting the schedule of the day so as to take best advantage of the most favourable temperatures. Take to the road early in the morning in Summertime, closer to midday in winter.
A PIECE OF ADVICE Always wear sun protection and carry plenty of water. During Spring and Summer avoid cycling in the hot hours of the day, keep to the shade whenever possible. “When in Rome….”