ON ROUTE PHOTO: Cathedral in Zamora
ZAMORA TO CACERES, ROMAN HERITAGE ON THE PILGRIM´S WAY
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY moderate to challenging.
PRICE Please Inquire
THE TRIP IN DETAIL
- Day 1 :Zamora. Receive our welcome pack at your hotel
- Day 2 from Zamora to Benavente, 66,2 km. Mainly flat road, you may take lunch in Villarin de los Campos at halfway, a typical small Galician town repleted with local culture.
- Day 3 from Benavente to Astorga, 63,9 km. Very gently sloping road. Easy and straight, you can afford to let your eyes wander through the views while pedalling. The countryside is gentle and alive. You reach today the historical city of Astorga, touched by the ancient French Way to Santiago.
- Day 4 from Astorga to Ponferrada, 54,1 km. The route of today will be very rewarding, as you take the shortest, ancient way to reach monumental Ponferrada through the mountains. The road is quiet and well signposted. You will climb up to 1496 m above sealevel, the second half of the route will be downhill.
- Day 5 from Ponferrada to Pedrafita do Cebreiro, 50,5 km. The road will be easy at first to become more challenging as the day goes. You have a gentle but steady climb ahead of you, through the green fields of Galicia. Pedrafita is a rural destination of stone buildings that will leave you refreshed and heartened.
- Day 6 from Pedrafita do Cebreiro to Portomarín, 67,6 km. Beautiful hills today again. More downhill than uphill. Fields and pastures. Your destination is just across the rio Miño.
- Day 7 from Portomarín to Arzúa, 56,2 km. You cycle through the green hillltops today and pass the town of Melide with its roman bridge, to reach Arzúa at the end of the day, famous for its cheeses.
- Day 8 from Arzúa to Santiago de Compostela, 39,3 km. Continous ups and downs on the ancient road make today a challenging one, emotionally charged as you apprach your final destination. You enter Santiago by the Rua do Gózo, the “road of Satisfaction”.
- Day 9 Santiago de Compostela. Our services end after breakfast, enjoy the rest of your stay and have a safe return.